The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for leading & driving top-line revenue strategy for traditional sales-related segments to include group, events, transient & catering. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement, and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & events) to insure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. The Director of Sales is also responsible for developing and implementing a sales strategic plan designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well as managing the sales budget that supports revenue attainment.
- Responsible for leading & driving top-line revenue for traditional sales segments to include group, events, transient & catering.
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
- Develops and implements a sales strategic plan designed to achieve the desired positioning of the hotel, as well as manages the sales budget that supports all initiatives.
- Act as the hotel's voice of the customer and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using STR data, financial P&L, a mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand, and economic factors affecting hotel performance.
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Hospitality and Catering
- At least 3 years experience as a sales leader, with prior luxury hotel sales experience.
- Experience dealing with/communicating with ownership groups and asset management.
- Proficient in managing/using sales PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management.
- Well-rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources, as well as the ability to develop a strategic plan for each.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning attitude.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines